HealthCare Reform Magazine Webcast
- Ralph Lardieri, Wellness Manager, Wawa, Inc.
- Judith Wethall, Shareholder, Littler Mendelson
- Edward Shulkin, President, GiftCard Partners
Ralph joined Wawa, Inc. 3.5 years ago and has held roles as a Wellness Manager for American Standard Companies and Herman’s Sporting Goods. Ralph earned his B.S. in Health Education from William Paterson University and resides in Delaware County, Pennsylvania with his wife and three children. Wawa, Inc. offers award-winning Freshly Brewed Coffee, a wide selection of ready-to-go salads, and fresh fruits. Most Wawa stores are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and employ 22,000 associates throughout portions of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and Florida.
Wellness in the Corporate Environment and Complying with PPACA. How to Build a Successful Gift Card Incentive Program?
Judith Wethall’s practice focuses on employee benefits, specifically health and welfare programs. She counsels employers, plan administrators, insurers and consultants on a wide range of ERISA compliance issues. Judith’s clients include sole proprietors to Fortune 100 companies and cover a variety of industries including healthcare, technology, manufacturing, insurance and financial.
Judith has extensive experience in:
- Health care reform
- Medicaid/Medicare issues
- Disability leave and FMLA
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy and security compliance
- Subrogation and claims reimbursement issues
- Coordination of benefits issues
- State and local compliance issues
- Wellness program design and compliance
- Consumer driven health care initiatives, including HRAs and HSAs
- Health care continuation coverage (COBRA)
- Fringe benefit programs
- Executive physical programs
- Cafeteria plans
- Domestic partnership coverage
Judith represents clients before state and federal departments of Health and Human Services (HHS), including the Office of Civil Rights with regard to HIPAA privacy/security violations and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) with regard to Medicare retiree subsidies and the Department of Labor (DOL) with regard to health and welfare plan audits. Judith has extensive experience with payroll audits and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Edward Shulkin, President GiftCard Partners is an experienced gift card marketer with decades of experience in and around the retail industry. His senior management experience with major retail chains brings GCP an exceptional combination of mentorship, big picture thinking and detailed execution for the development of B2B gift card programs.