In the past few years, numerous foods have been declared as superfoods and said to have many health benefits if eaten on a regular basis. Some of the few are goji berries, ginger root, chia seeds, and last but not least apple cider vinegar. Though it doesn’t come in a form of solid food it is still ingested orally and as it is made out of apples we can safely claim it as one. Apple cider vinegar has been around for thousands of years and people all over the world were using it as a cooking ingredient, health remedy and even as a house cleaning agent.
Apple cider vinegar is made by crushing the apple and fermenting the released juice. Once that is done a specific bacteria is added and it works the liquid turning it from alcohol into vinegar. Apple cider vinegar contains two acid types – acetic and melic. The first one is responsible for numerous health benefits and its antioxidant properties. Without further ado let’s go ahead and take a look at the top 7 health benefits of using apple cider vinegar!
The Health Advantages Of Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Well first and foremost taking apple cider vinegar on daily basis will allow you to keep a healthy pH balance and that is determinant for your overall health. Your immune system and digestion both depend on the right pH levels and ACV will help you achieve it. Of course, you should either drink raw and unfiltered ACV or take the apple cider vinegar pills if you don’t like the taste. The conventional ACV that is sold in large markets doesn’t have all the health properties as it is cooked on higher temperatures for longer shelf life.
2. Along with that, it will help you regulate your blood sugar levels, and this especially matters if you suffer from diabetes 2.
3. Also, apple cider vinegar has many health properties related to heart health as it reduces the risk of many cardiovascular medical conditions. It promotes HDL (the so-called good cholesterol) and prevents fat buildup in your blood vessels.
4. Apple cider vinegar promotes better liver function as well, and as it improves circulation your lymph system will be boosted too.
5. One of the favorite benefits of many people is the fact that ACV can help you lose weight. How is that you might ask? Well, it regulates cravings and keeps you satisfied when you take it. Along with that, it has some metabolism boosting properties and is an excellent addition to your healthy and balanced diet.
6. As mentioned above it regulates your pH levels and that prevents premature aging. ACV is excellent for bone health as well and it allows the calcium to be effectively absorbed into your skeletal system.
7. Last but not least the apple cider vinegar has many antioxidant properties and is one of the greatest compounds in fighting off the free radicals that cause cancer and diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. It actually harvests all the free radicals and prevents them from attacking other tissues. Along with that, your immune systems work on a higher level so the natural ability of your body to cope with existing free radicals is improved as well!
As you can see there are many benefits to taking apple cider vinegar on daily basis. Of course, you shouldn’t overdo it and it should be in balance with your already nutritious diet. And don’t worry, if you don’t like the acid taste of it you can take apple cider vinegar pills and stay trouble free!