Generally speaking, bike riding is one of the first skills people master. When you are a child it’s something new and fun, it’s a new adventure, but later in life, riding a bike is an activity for you to enjoy and relax and it is also an activity that will keep you fit and healthy. It improves both your physical and mental health. It will help you clear your mind, unwind and make the most of a sunny and warm day.
Benefits of this activity are multiple. If you have a stressful job and you feel tired all the time or you don’t know how to deal with different kind of problems, it will definitely help you feel at ease. It’s an activity that you can do by yourself or, if you are an extrovert, with a number of friends who enjoy riding a bike as much as you do. Riding a bike allows you to cross a longer distance, then the one you can walk on foot, it gives you the opportunity to connect with nature, see different sights, meet new people, and maybe even see things from a different perspective. Bike riding can become addictive but don’t be scared, it a good kind of addiction. Once you feel that negative energy leaving your body, and zeal taking its place, you will be hooked.
On the other hand, bike riding will improve your physical health as well. It affects your whole body. It strengthens your muscles, controls blood pressure and your heart, improves your posture, and of course, it helps you lose weight or maintain it at the ideal level.
Today, there is no excuse for not riding a bike. If you work too much and don’t have time to go outside or to the gym, a recumbent bike is right for you. Here is the list of Top 15 best recumbent bikes reviewed for 2019 by Fitness Equipment Reviews that will help you find the recumbent bike that satisfies all your needs. The main advantage of a recumbent bike is that you can do a full workout in the comfort of your home while finishing work, studying or reading a book. These bikes have a diversity of features that make them ideal for you:
- different levels of resistance to push your physical capacity
- very high comfort level (working out on a recumbent bike does not put additional pressure to your back and muscles, thus making the whole experience comfortable)
- The LCD screen that shows time, speed, distance and calories you have burned and also sensors that measure your blood pressure and heart rate helping you keep them optimal
- if you are a beginner you can adjust the exercises to your fitness and strength capacity and work your way up
- additional features that include whole body workout
- some bikes can be connected to fitness apps, so you can track your progress
- additional smaller features such as water and phone holder
As you can see, bike riding is an activity that has many benefits and that can affect every part of your life. Now, all you have to do is to pick your perfect bike and start improving yourself, both mentally and physically.